Monday 11 March 2013

going out in style & spaghetti with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic & basil

If there's one thing I've learned through my multiple redundancies (thanks media "career"), is the value of leaving in style, but I think lunch at the Officer's Mess at St James's Palace probably tops the lot.

I would tell you about the menu but sadly I can't. Not for reasons of State secrecy you understand, but more because after several-to-many bottles of fizz and claret, some cigars and pretty much most of a decanter of Madeira later, I can't really remember what I ate. It was nice mind.

Luckily for what's left of this blog's culinary reputation, whilst I'm liberally stuffing snuff up my nose from this...


...and modeling a natty range of new headwear...


... Ana's at home cooking up delicious-looking storm.



Again, I can't tell you what it tasted like as I was asleep on eventual re-entry to the flat, but it looks amazing.

sources
linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil - Debbie Major, Delicious, Februay 2008, p24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo