Sunday 23 May 2010

ultimate burgers

The problem with scaling the peaks of enjoyment, of dancing like idiots, waving sparklers, drinking too much and generally behaving like teenagers is falling off the mountain the next day. Luckily that doesn't affect me, but my life partner is most sorely afflicted this morning.

Not even another hearty dose of Jody, Euan, Amy and Lucy's full English manages to pull her out of the slough of despair she's fallen into, and the prospect of a five hour drive doesn't seem to help either.

However, the traffic is super-light, it's a beautiful day and the box of gingerbread biscuits triumphantly proclaiming the benefits of cheesewring, perk her up no end.

It only takes four hours to get home and once we return we meet an over-excited baby, his cousin Amelia and a thoroughly knackered Kayosaurus and Mikeplodocus.

The least I can do is cook for them, and as Ana has a craving for burgers after Friday's meal out I take a quick trip to Sainsbury's and get the necessaries. If you count not having any buns and having to make do with pitta bread as necessaries:

the ultimate burgers
They are great burgers, with chopped gherkins, worcestershire sauce, onion, parsley and egg, and are becoming a bit of a standard. I think next time I might pop some cheese in the middle as that seemed to work with another recipe I've tried. But still, a total winner.

Actually, Ronald I bet you've got some good burger recipes? And Kinger, I know you have - do pass on!

Recipe Sources
Ultimate Beef Burger - Delicious, June 2009, p46

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo